Royal Mail fleet has announced they are planning to open up its UK-wide network of vehicle workshops to other fleet operators following a successful pilot which took place across 20 workshops throughout a 15 month period so that they could refine and develop its capabilities.
Royal Mail Fleet is the largest fleet in the UK which goes without saying that they have one of the largest collections of vehicle workshops as well, with more than 110 locations dotted around the UK all the way from Inverness to Redruth.
To keep up with this giant fleet they employ over 1,000 vehicle technicians who will offer service, maintenance and repairs across a complete range of different vehicle types.
What will Royal Mail Fleet offer?
- 110 locations nationwide.
- 40 mobile service technicians.
- A single and fully integrated systems platform across its fleet management and workshop network.
- More than 50 locations capable of maintaining HGV’s.
- A one-stop-shop from cars to HGV’s including hydraulics, tail lifts and power testing. #Over 20 locations fully equipped with double-deck trailer maintenance capability.
To keep up with demand Royal Mail Fleet has made significant investments in recruiting and training its people, particularly in its workshops. They have also got a fantastic apprenticeship scheme up and running which looks for young, dedicated apprentices who want to gain vital expertise in various different fields.
As well as The Royal Mail offering their workshops and technicians to other fleet operators, Volkswagen are also offering up their services to all fleets with Volkswagen products to aid in creating an open network which work around the clock to help keep downtime to a minimum.
Link to article: Volkswagen extend opening hours at all VW Dealers